View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, I'll email

Howdy Mark,

I'll email you an MP3 of it, but let me explain it first

I tried recording the playback with the settings just as you had them, and when I looked at the audio waveform (I'm using my Creative Wave Studio), it was really maxed out, which is probably why you were hearing distortion. So I then adjusted the volume slider in Composer Pro down to about 1/3 (as opposed to the 1/2 setting it was at for the first recording) and recorded it again. The waveform was much better this time, and everything was clear, so this is the mp3 I'm sending you in a separate email.

I'm a bit anxious now to add some timpani and double bass to fill it out a bit, yet retain the feel that you have given the piece. This should be fun!

As for the Dadzilla song, that's a good point about not having the vocals - I'll try to get a version done that has at least the notes in the right places so that you (or anyone else) can work around them. I can't replicate the giggles, though - those were free-form When I recorded the giggles, I actually recorded them as just little snippets that I could add in at will (using Cubasis) - the kids got so tickled when I was trying to record them "in place", that they invariably got too giggly to make any sound! A harmonica solo would be sweet, as I've found a really nice harmonica soundfont that sounds extremely good. I've tried it out a little, and it's extremely promising! I found it on the HammerSound soundfont site.

And thanks for the tip about practicing the touch sensitivity aspect of my keyboard - GPO is a delight to use for anything, and much more so since it offers more dynamic variety.

ttfn,
Sherry