View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Accidentals With Grace Notes

Howdy Frank,

Quote:
I noticed Sherry's post about changing dotted notes from slurs to having a dot. The solution is in a video with MP4 format. I tried 3 different programs to play this (most notably Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer) but they will not work.
I'm using WMP 12 (it came on my new computer, which is a lot like yours) and the video plays fine here. Is anyone else having problems, and what media player and version are you using if it's not?

To change a tied note (eg. quarter note tied to an eighth note) to a dotted note:
1. Select the tie
2. In the palette tools, select the "Collapse ties" button.

To do this en masse (which is what the video shows),
1. Click the Notes tab.
2. Select the staff(staves) with the tied notes.
3. Click the "Ties" button in the palette. At this point, only the ties should show up in blue, indicating that they're selected.
4. In the palette tools, click the "Collapse ties" button.

Quote:
Anyway, a new question. Since the closest think I have found to making a proper appogiatura is a grace note without a slash, I was wondering how to add accidentals associated with the grace note?
You can (1) select the grace note and then (2) hold the P (for pitch) key and use the up or down arrow key to move the pitch of the grace note, which automatically adds the accidental.

We do have it on the "to do" list to make editing of grace notes easier, but that won't happen til the next major release. The one we're working on now is a "minor" release

Perhaps we should give alternate names like "dorian" or "mixolydian" or such, depending on whether they're mainly new features or bug fixes

ttfn,
Sherry