View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Clyde, I have now fixed thi

Clyde,

I have now fixed this problem that you reported above:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

(b) If I change the Font size, the overall stave size increases but the font stays the same. If I then reduced the size (using magnifying glasses) the font also reduces in size way beyond what it originally was, even though I had previously increased it.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>This was a bug not only in Player but all versions of MidiNotate.

I also fixed a usability problem, and increased the flexibility of font sizes in all versions of MidiNotate.

The usability problem was that if you changed the default font size, that change did not affect the size of any types of text that used a non-default font size. For example, the default font size might be 10, but the font size for lyrics 12. If you changed the default font size from 10 to 14, the staves, notes, music symbols, and any text using the default font size would all increase from 10 to 14; but the font size of lyrics would remain at 12. This is probably not what one would usually want. One would probably want the lyrics size to increase proportionally to (12*14)/10 = 16.8

Sigh, that exposed another issue, which is that MidiNotate supported only whole number point sizes for fonts. This has now been changed. MidiNotate now supports point sizes with one digit after the decimal point, such as 16.8 or 12.5.

The other improvement is that now there is an option to scale the size of all objects proportionally. This option is on by default. So, in the above example, the size of lyrics will be appropriately changed from 12 to 16.8 when the default font size changes from 10 to 14.

Cheers
-- Mark