View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hi Clyde, Thanks for review

Hi Clyde,

Thanks for reviewing Player and spotting some issues.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I had a thought about another potential use of Player that I may try out - make it a type of Karaoke system, except with player you can have the melody line as well as the lyrics being highlighted. The actual band can be hidden parts.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>That's a good idea.

I notice that when Player is playing that the blue line moves and the chord names turn red, but the lyrics don't change colour. Would it be possible to also include the lyrics?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I confirmed that the lyrics do not highlight during playback for your B70_John...not file, but that happens in Composer also. It doesn't happen with some other songs I've tried. I'll research this.

(a) The 'select Parts' menu has some 'unnamed parts' in them that do not appear to be any logical selection of staves.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I'll solve this by simply not reporting that there are some 'unnamed' parts in the .not file, unless there is only one part and it is named 'unnamed'.

(b) If I change the Font size, the overall stave size increases but the font stays the same. If I then reduced the size (using magnifying glasses) the font also reduces in size way beyond what it originally was, even though I had previously increased it.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>I wasn't able to reproduce the problem in the first sentence, but the rest of the problem I was able to reproduce-- that's enough to tell me there's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for the reports. These are definitely problems that need to be fixed before Player is released.

Cheers
-- Mark