View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Piano Roll and Note Velocity won't select

Hi,

Hmmmm..... I just tried the following steps:

1. Opened a file in Composer 3.0 by double-clicking a .not file in Windows Explorer.
  2. Used Ctrl A to select the entire song (I also tried a song where I clicked the top Staff Select button, held Shift, and clicked the last Staff Select button).
  3. Clicked the "Notes" button on the Notes, Rests tab to select all the notes.
  4. Pressed the "Delete" key on my computer keyboard to delete all the notes.
  5. Used the mouse to enter some new notes
  6. Clicked on the Piano Roll tab. The piano roll blocks correctly showed up on the display. Alternatively/additionally clicked on the Note Velocity tab and correctly see the red vector lines show up for the velocities.

Could you perhaps send me a copy of the parent file that you saw the problem with? There may be something anomalous with the particular file.

Also, just a suggestion. If you have a particular type of file that you use often (eg. a particular ensemble group) for creating new song files, you may want to save a blank one as a template file. That way you don't have to go through the job of deleting everything from a parent file multiple times - just the once to save the template.

To save a Template file, just

1. Clear out everything that you don't want in the template (eg. notes, rehearsal marks, annotations, etc).
  2. You can, however, leave anything that you would want in the song file every time (eg. "Arranged by MyNameHere" or anything like that).
  3. Use File -> Save as Template, and click "yes".
  4. Give the file a name. Hint: if you want the file to be at the top of the list when you use Create a New Song, give it a "!" exclamation point at the beginning of the filename.
  5. Click "Save" to save the file as a template, and exit. Now when you want to create a new song with that type of layout, you can just use Create New, and use your own customized template

You can find out more in Help -> Users Guide, use the Index to look up "template", then select the "creating your own" subtopic.

ttfn,
Sherry