View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Imported Midi In Wrong Key With Wrong Note Timing?

Hi,

Did you see that in Ken's response to his own post that the issue turned out to be a parameter in the way he was exporting the .mid file from his audio application? Which software are you using, and perhaps you could include the exported .mid file here for me to look at?

Please do be aware that if you're using an application that claims to analyze an audio file and then export a MIDI file, there are very few that can do this with any degree of accuracy even for single-note melody lines. If you're trying to export a multi-instrument file, it will most likely not yield very good results. I certainly don't mean to be discouraging, just realistic Analyzing the pitches correctly within the scope of harmonics, natural vibrato and slides, and nailing the rhythm exactly correctly given variations in human playing, and other considerations make getting an audio file transcribed to MIDI a very difficult task. Notation products do a great job of transcribing MIDI to notation, but it needs a good MIDI file to start with

The good news is that we are currently working on a soon-to-be released feature that will help tremendously with setting proper barlines in such MIDI files. I'd be glad to take a look at your file and see if it would benefit from that new feature.

ttfn,
Sherry