View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 03:57 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy guys, For Mark, my ap

Howdy guys,

For Mark, my apologies for the roughness of the mix, but I think if you turn up the left (or for you it may be right) stereo component of your setup, you might hear the lyrics more clearly. When I recorded the vocals, I forgot to set it up to record in stereo, and it was more hassle than I wanted to do to re-record it by the time I realized my error, so the vocal parts are "one sided" right now. I plan to fix that after Mike works up that blistering guitar solo ;)

Which brings me to Mike, and your offer of coming up with a guitar solo, complete with pitch bends, to which I reply COOOOL! I'll be interested to hear (and see) it! I've never been very good at the soloing thing, though I am getting incrementally better at getting things out of my head and on paper or into music. So I'll be interested to hear what you come up with - coming from near "Austin City Limits", I'm fully confident it'll be good And thanks for the offer Also, no rush, of course. I KNOW first hand about how the lawn care business goes Next winter (or rainy day) is just fine ;)

Maybe Mark or Tim would like to improv a piano solo over that first little interlude from the first chorus to the second verse, just for a change of pace Or feel free to suggest improvements or added "reality" to what piano is already present. I'm no keys player (as I'm sure you know by now), so I'm always open to suggestions.

BTW, Bill thinks it's just a scream that we're doing this kind of thing in "virtual reality"

Gosh, this is fun
ttfn,
Sherry