View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Mike Mandaville

Default Hello, Sherry. I like this

Hello, Sherry.

I like this tune. I haven't listened to the audio version yet, so my comments therefore will be directed towards the MIDI version. Of course, it does lack a lead melody, though this really doesn't concern me too much, since everything else is in place, as far as the basic song is concerned, and so fitting a melody to the lyric and to the arrangement should not be difficult.

What concerns me at the moment, though, is the mix, and, in particular, the drum track. I split the drum track, so that I could mix it to be more to my liking, and the sounds changed. I'm not sure why this happened, although I did notice when I brought up the track setup box for the drums that it seems as though you have entered a bank number manually, so this could be the reason.

By the way, the drums themselves sound fine except that I do prefer a different mix. What I mean specifically is that I like for the triplets on the closed high hat to be brought up the 127, and for the bass drum to be brought down to about 20, and for everything else in the arrangement to be adjusted accordingly. This is normal for me, although I do confess that I end up remixing everything that I hear.

Well, I need to get ready for work, because the weather has finally warmed up around here. And, by the way, I live in the country also, and I have a sister who is a home school teacher.

Cheers

Mike