View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, I should also add a

Howdy,

I should also add a couple other notes about the recorded version.

You'll notice that in the drum track, there are some "keep the beat" notes in the drum track that aren't there in the recording. I simply went in and temporarily deleted them before recording the drum/brass/piano audio track, then restored them for when I was recording the guitar and vocal audio tracks. For the vocal and guitar tracks, I set my soundcard to record only input from my little US 122 unit, so although I could hear Composer Pro's playback, it didn't record at that time.

I used Cubasis VST 428 (it was a bundled version) for putting the final thing together, but I had problems if I wanted to combine audio and midi together. If I did all audio (or all midi) everything was fine, so since I haven't been able to transfer my vocal to midi, I went the all audio route, and that is why I recorded Composer Pro's performance of the drums/piano/brass tracks.

I'm also thinking of adding some sort of guitar solo for the little interlude between the second chorus and the third verse. Some little blistering acoustic/electric solo is what I think it wants, but I'm open to other thoughts, too

I'll post a midi of the file here, for those who may want to see the notes, but don't want to use Composer Pro to do it.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Dadzilla Midi
Dadzilla post.mid (22.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

And it also occurs to me that if you want to demo any examples for suggestions, please feel free to take the midi (or the .not, just please re-name it) and modify it, then re-post it here, complete with explanation of what you did, of course ;)

ttfn,
Sherry