View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: My first Arrangement

Howdy,

Wow - that's some first arrangement! I'm thinking it must be the first one you did with Composer, not the first one you've ever done

From what I'm hearing, this should work well as a band arrangement. I'd be interested to hear a bit more background about the band and what you're doing with them.

When I switched to Page view, I noticed that the individual parts all scored nicely, but the conductor's score was "squished" at the top. It looked like the staves had all been shifted to where they overlapped with the heading text. I just clicked on the Layout tab, then Page layout, and 'grabbed' the red square in the middle of the top staff. I then dragged the whole notation portion of the score down so it wasn't overlapping the heading text anymore. It all looks great - you did a really nice job with this!

I don't play any of these instruments, so I'll leave it to others to comment about playability and such. But if I were sitting in the stands (eg. for a half-time show at a football game), I think I'd really enjoy this performance

ttfn,
Sherry