View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Andrew, -------------

Howdy Andrew,

----------------------------
The neat thing about that format is that the sheet music can be transposed and apparently have a MIDI file encrypted so that one can hear how the piece should sound and of course one can slow or speed up the tempo as well.}
----------------------------

I'm not sure if you're asking for the format conversion from .not to Solero because of a functionality difference you find more desirable in the MusicPad, or if your request is simply to be able to use files you have worked on in Notation products, and have in .not format, on your MusicPad. So, a few more questions

Have you tried the Staff/Transpose features in Musician (and Composer)? Is there an aspect of the Transposition feature that you find more helpful in MusicPad Pro?

When any Notation product plays the song file, it's playing via a MIDI device, so you'll hear how the song sounds. You can adjust the tempo via the tempo buttons in the main tool bar, and save the change. You can also save any .not file as a .mid file.

Notation products work on any PC, and can use any MIDI (.mid), Karaoke (.kar), or NoteSoft (.not) file and convert it to sheet music which you can hear (by pressing the Play button) and see (the notes highlight on the score).

I have not seen the MusicPad Pro in action, but from the information that I've read, it's a dedicated sheet music reader (not editor) with a dedicated format (Solero) and the main feature is it's portability (it's "notebook" size). So I can understand if you wanted to be able to convert .not format to Solero format so you can use files that you edit in Notation products on a MusicPad Pro. Is this what you're asking for?

ttfn,
Sherry