View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Clyde (clyde)

Default Hi Fred, (Fred I was wr

Hi Fred,

(Fred I was writing this when you found your own way - but I will send it anyway).

I found the the first thing to get going with GPO is just the Garritan software without the Studio. By the Garritan software, I mean you load the software, and when you click on the icon (it is an orange colour) you get ONE Knotatk Garritan Keyboard up.

Once you have got that, you have at least loaded the software. The next step is to test that. The steps for that are:

(a) Go to the 'Load' button on that Garritan Keyboard, and load any instrument. You will notice that the keyboard range for that instrument goes a grey-blue colour.

(b) Move the 'mod' wheel to about 50%.

(c) Click with the mouse on any note in the instrument range, and it should sound.

If this works, then you have got the Garritan software installed correctly.

The next major step is the GPO.

With tha version I have of GPO (which was over 12 months ago), you had to download the GPO separately from the Garritan web page:
http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html (For some reason they didn't put this on the CDs that came with the bulkbuy - that may have changed with the current release).

Anyway, once you have that installed, you should have another icon on your desktop. (This is a Black icon with a white conductor in it).

To test this you click on the icon and you get the Garritan Studio panel:

This allows you to open up 6 Keyboards.

Cheers ... Clyde