View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Composer and the Yamaha DSR 2000

Howdy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crochetty View Post
The present situation is as follows:
In the "quick MIDI device setup" the playback device that has been recognised automatically is described as "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth". I guess that this refers to the soundcard in the computer, and it does play the "Test Playback" notes through the computer's speakers but not through the keyboard's speakers.
You should also be able to use that drop list and select your USB MIDI cable (or whatever it's named) as your playback device. That's what you'll need to do in order to hear files played back through your keyboard.

Quote:
1/ While I am able (again) to record on the computer the notes that I play on the keyboard, this process starts with a long and rather unpleasant stuttering noise (a bit like random Morse code but much harsher) and I would like to know how to get rid of it.
This is most likely an issue with having the GS Wavetable set as the Playback Device. See if this problem persists after selecting your USB MIDI cable as the Playback device. If you still hear unpleasant noise, or a strange echo or chorus-like effect when you're recording, review the section in Help/Users Guide and use the Index to look up "echo".

Quote:
2/ I am still unable to play MIDIs from the computer on the keyboard.
You can use the Setup/Quick MIDI dialog to select the USB MIDI cable as your default playback device.

ttfn,
Sherry