View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:03 PM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Sherry and Mark, I just

Hi Sherry and Mark,

I just found this in SBFM HELP. It seems pertinent, but I'm not exactly sure how because it doesn't relaly explain why the crashes with the default 4MB bank loaded. I'm in deep enough now. I wonder if this is worth a try? Any comments?

best,
mgj

For large banks in Windows 2000/XP:

When trying to load a large SoundFont bank, some users may encounter an error message. Click the OK button.

When loading a large bank, you will need to modify your operating system's registry settings to alter the set memory limit. This can, however, alter your operating system's performance. Remember to make a copy of your system's registry settings before proceeding.

Using Windows Explorer, search and locate the Windows folder.

Double-click the regedit.exe file. The Registry Editor window appears.

On the left panel, search and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management\ folder.

On the right panel, double-click the PagedPoolSize file. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.

In the Value data: box, type 0xFFFFFFFF, and then click the OK button.

Restart your computer.

Launch Creative SoundFont Bank Manager, and then click the Bank button .
The Configure Bank dialog box appears.

Click the Select Bank drop-down button , and select a bank location to configure.

Click the Load button to add a SoundFont bank to an empty or occupied location.

If the desired space already contains a bank, and you want to load a new bank in its place, highlight the bank and click the Replace button .

If you want to remove a bank, highlight the bank and click the Remove button

Click the OK button to finish configuring your banks.

Notes

Do not alter your operating system's registry settings unless you need to load a large bank.
If you still cannot load a large bank after altering your system's registry setting, you may need to increase the SoundFont Cache memory limit. From the main interface, click the Midi Devices button . The MIDI Devices Option dialog box appears. Drag the SoundFont Cache slider to the right to increase the SoundFont Cache memory limit.
Alternatively, increase your system's memory by adding more RAM.