View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Senior User

Default Re: Latest file won't open

Hi Sherry,
Actually I was updated from 2.51 according to Add/remove programs. You had sent a 2.5.2 exe which worked and which I've been using for many months, so still can't figure out why only the one file (and the same under two other names) wouldn't open with the same setup as I've been saving and opening it since June.

Nevertheless, I am ready to try again.
I will disable Threatfire this time, just in case. I can't see anything else that would have caused the mididev.cfg that I copied to the Composer folder get stripped.
I have been using New Configuration Detected for ages, using the Ports to include only what 's there. (I had the original Audigy 2, the Soundblaster I tried, since A and B worked together on the previous computer, as well as the replacement and current Audigy two.
In Setup/Device, I listed "Creative" as a new manufacturer and moved everything on the left that is actually present to it, then saved as Composer.mdd and to be safe, also saved as Creative Composer.mdd.
I backed up again, my latest mididev.cfg file.
I put the backups in three places on two hard disks.
Can you think of any other precaution to take?

If not, I will give the update another try. For the brief time I had it going, I really liked the speed of 2.61.

all best,
mgj