View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Time Value for Chord Symbols

Hi Sherry -- I'm not making much progress on this point. I've attached two files: 1) Song1 - I've hidden the rests; included slashes as Free Text, spaced and increased their size, which looks okay at normal size. But if I zoom in or out, there is no relative expansion/contraction of the text, and 2) Song4 - I've created a drum staff, but I cannot get control of the noteheads. When I create a New File, I clicked the Staff icon at the beginning of the part; set it to be a 5-line Drum Instrument with a diamond notehead. I get nothing but x. If I do a Shift H, I get a (horizontal) display of the available noteheads, but when I select any of them, I don't get a change of the selected note(s). I'm particularly interested in seeing what the half notes and whole notes look like, but I can't see them. Am I not holding my mouth right?

Ralph

Looking at this description after the fact, I realized that I'm working with variable noteheads on a 5-line staff. i.e., triangle, x, etc., and that I was trying to change a notehead, and it was locked to the pitch I had selected. So, bottom line, I guess I still don't know how to implement your suggestion.
Attached Files
File Type: not Song1.not (3.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: not Song4.not (2.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 06-20-2011 at 07:53 PM.