View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Tim Fatchen (flyingtadpole)

Default Well, it's the middle of t

Well, it's the middle of the year and everything has crunched as I expected it would (earlier). Still. We run in survival mode. And hey, the forum accepts me on to it (Sherry!!!) PROVIDED I come in through Notation COmposer rather than my normal browser...

Music: well, the cappucino earning rate has dropped back but there's still the occasional one. The contracts from last year may or may not have done something, one only ever knows when royalties appear, which they haven't. At least they talk to me occasionally ("Dear [Insert-name-here], We need you to sign your life away again on the following forms and post them back last week...")

I have a sort-of-commission to write a music, um, event? opera? happening? No doubt this will fall over too but it's generating some saleable music and very intriguing as we go. This time I'm running it through the 50 songs in 90 days challenge where as a basically classical writer I fade into the background just like a large fish in a tree.

Again, this is entirely Notation Composer for writing and sequencing, using usually Garritan personal Orchestra samples. Worktapes and background can be listened to and read via the 50/90 challenge pages, http://5090.fawm.org/fawmers/timfatchen/
we're currently into twelve-tone scales ("The Sorcerer") which I think is causing some head scratching in what is largely an acoustic folk singer/songwriter group...

It would be nice to progress faster, but that's never the way!

I still want the next version to appear, Mark, Sherry. Yes I know in the middle of a recession is the worst possible time. BTW I applaud Notation Software's recession pricing policy. I try to promote at this end, but it's hard to get anyone to buy anything of any sort!

Cheers
Tim Fatchen