View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Lawrence, From above:

Howdy Lawrence,

From above:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Then one day, after loading a new midi, the drum sounds came out wrong. "O-oh, not again!", I thought. And now, ALL the midis which worked perfectly just a day ago, would give wrong drum sounds. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

And from the previous exchange you had with David J., linked from above:

Lawrence:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

> If your instrument definition has multiple banks, then be sure that
> the drum bank is selected: bank MSB 127, LSB 000d in my Yamaha XG
> instrument definition.

This did the trick, thanks for your help.

But does this mean that I have to select the drum bank for the drum track every time I open a new midi file? Is there a default bank I can select for channel 10 or any other settings which would avoid manual selection every time? Thanks.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

David J.: <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

It may just have been that particular file.

If the file has bank selections already in place which specify non-drum sounds then it will jump to that bank when played.

Try several different files and see what happens.

I've never had any trouble in that regard, so it may just have been a file specific problem.

Glad you're up and playing!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I have a couple questions to help us get a clear picture of what has happened with any settings.

1. When you first installed Musician on your new machine and then played MIDI files, were the drum sounds ALL correct, or did you have to follow David's advice to re-set some of the drum banks?

2. Now that you've been experiencing incorrect drum sounds, are you opening those same original MIDI (.mid) files, or are you opening your previously saved .not files ?

ttfn,
Sherry