View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Richard, Thank you fo

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your congratulations on the October release of MidiNotate Composer 1.0, and for sharing your perspective on using Composer given your experience of 30 years of professional composing in Hollywood.

MidiNotate Composer was originally conceived many years ago as a tool for use during the process of creating music. Your views on Composer emphasize the cyclic nature of composing, which Composer was indeed designed to support.

That you now have the freedom to write music that meet your own goals, rather than that of a film or T.V. script, puts you in good company with many of the participants in this forum, and other MidiNotate Composers in general. Like you, many of us find that music is an important part of our lives.

Unlike you, very few of us have composed professionally. I hope that you will revisit the forum and share with us stories about what it is like composing scores for film and T.V., as you have already done in your first post above.

Welcome to the forum! And thanks for your interesting post.

Cheers
-- Mark

P.S. For other readers of this message, I should note here that Richard first offered me a review of a beta release of MidiNotate Composer about 11 months ago. So, Richard's above post was not a complete surprise to me.