Thread: Scan support
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Herbert,

Hello Herbert,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I suspect that users buy certain software only once and put up with it. What we need for this forum, is access to independent reviews of software. It may have saved recent disappointments with GPO and JABB. If Sherry or Mark is listening, can such reviews be arranged? It might not be so easy.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Anyone is free to offer his review of other music software or hardware products in this "Using Notation Composer and Musician with Third Party Products" section of the forum. I'd personally prefer to see discussions about products that are used with Notation products rather than instead of Notation products (i.e., competitive products) because this forum cannot claim to host unbiased discussions about comparisons of Notation products with competitive products; other forums such as epinions can better claim impartiality.

Specifically regarding discussions about the pros and cons of GPO and JABB, I think this forum is a fine place for that, because these Garritan sound library products are highly relevant to Notation Composer users. I regard Gary Garritan as a business friend. So, if there are patterns of praise or complaints about his product expressed in this forum, I summarize and pass these on to Gary.

Cheers
-- Mark