View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Chord Builder to score

Hi Susanne,

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanne View Post
Sherryl,
while your workaround (creating another score containing the chord notes) generates the desired result, the basic question was: Why can Notation Composer play one chord when you pick it, but why can't it play all the chords along with the melody when playing back a song.
The short answer (as David said) is that this is not the way that Notation Software products work at present They are intended to take a .mid file (or a recording that you make) and analyze the chords.

Quote:
So I second Terry's request: Let us listen to the chords during playback.
Susanne
That is a feature request that we do have on our "to do" list for a future release (and I would certainly use, too!).

There are actually a lot of questions that need answers for such a feature - how many notes for the chord? Which notes from a chord? Is it the "straight" chord or an inversion? Which inversion? Perhaps we could discuss what such a feature might look like, and how those options would be offered. It's always helpful to software designers to understand what users are looking for, and how best to present it. Please do let us know your thoughts!

For now, perhaps, we could share any "chord libraries" that we might have?

I'm attaching mine here.
ChordNotesAndNames.not

You can use it to copy/paste the "foundational notes" of a chord into your score. Just select all the notes and shift them up or down so that the root note ("C" in my file) is the correct root note for the chord you want to enter.

ttfn,
Sherry