View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Mark, What I was talking

Hi Mark,

What I was talking about was uniformity in methods for editing and in the display of graphs.

Velocity has a number, indicating the value where the action is. By pressing certain keys, the number increases or retards. This is an efficient way for setting the controller and the graph. This would be useful for all controllers.

My preferred method would be that on clicking and holding down the left mouse button above a point in a selected part of a graph, the value would rise and would be indicated near the point of focus. Clicking below the graph would do the opposite. Holding the mouse button down for a short time, would advance numbers slowly. Numbers would advance faster, as the mouse button is held down for a longer time. This could be used to move a strait line up or down. I know it can already be done in Composer by other means. But using the mouse, this could also be used to click on the left or right edge of the selection, to produce sloping lines, sloping either up or down, with values numerically indicated at either end of the selection. A further advance would be to have a selection of standard preset curved lines, including user created lines that can be placed into a selected area of any controller and pulled, pushed etc, to change its relative shape.

Can’t wait to see new and improved features of Composer.

Best wishes,

Herbert