Thread: Clarinet Sonata
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hello MG, Wow, what a brill

Hello MG,

Wow, what a brilliant marriage between the piano and clarinet! You have such a skill for balance. I can actually feel what I believe you feel inside as you are writing. So few musicians have that kind of "soul". Without it, no amount of study or technical ability could project like that. I especially like the 3rd movement. It's a "feel good" composition. Unfortunately, I don't recognize any of the themes and can't help you on that one.
I think your clarinet sounds great, even in the upper register. Other than piano, midi falls far short of perfection when playing the high notes. My tenor saxophone sounds like alto or soprano whenever going above the "medium" range. I guess that will eventually get better. Anyway, I really enjoyed the sonata. You made my day!
P.S. I have a question. Do have any secrets for linking various songs together in the same score? I am going nuts trying to link pieces together for my drum and bugle corps performance piece. Each of the songs uses different instruments, etc. I would guess I would have to use a lot of instrument sound changes? I can't put all those different voices into the staff set-up. I am going daffy enough controlling all the various tempos, pans, velocites etc. When you click on the graph, I have so many red lines going in so many directions, it looks like a mad editor correcting a bad manuscript.
Cheers,
Fred