Thread: Chord Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Chord Problem

Hi Toni,

Sorry for the late reply here - this one slipped between a few other items going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toktiny View Post
As regards my personal choice of chords I am very happy with the basic chords and also very happy to play in keys with just one or two sharps or flats.
You can also play around with the other default settings (eg. Country, Classical) in the drop list, or create your own set by using the check boxes.

Quote:
I attach a recent MIDI file, which I used of the Blue Danube. In this file there are two instruments which intermittently provide the melody "Violin 1" and "Flutes". Now the only way that I could provide a sheet for this was to do two separate sheets and marry the two at the appropriate sections and then manually put in chords. I would be very appreciative if you could have a look at this and perhaps let me know the best way to achieve a complete sheet as I feel that I am making a mountain out of a molehill the way that I do it.
Since you want to get this file into a usable piano fake sheet style score, I'd suggest using Staff/Merge Staves and put the violin 1 and flute staff into a single staff. This would then be the "melody line" staff for the fake sheet.

For the chord names, since this file contains a little bit of "slow-walking bass", you may want to try using the "Find slash chords..." option in the lower left of the Chord Analysis dialog, and select the "bass" staff for that determination. You can experiment with the different chord name styles (from the drop list) and see what gives you the best results.

If you want the accompaniment as a two-hand part, you can use Staff/Merge to put the remaining staves into a single staff (excluding the "Melody" staff created above) and then use Staff/Split hands on that merged staff to give the accompaniment in a two-hand bracketed pair of staves.

Hope this is helpful!
Sherry