View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Multiple Tunes in One File?

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by docEdock View Post
Exactly, thanks for the explain. I'm clearly venturing beyond the intended use -- like hammering with a wrench -- but so far Notation Composer is remarkably rich in features and comes close to what I need.
I'm glad Composer is working well for you. And not to worry - I hammer with the wrench at times to, if it accomplishes what I need done

Quote:
1) Can parts be in different key signatures within the same .not file? I ask because when I transposed the outer row part to G Major the inner row part was also transposed. I suspect that I set up the parts incorrectly to begin with or used the wrong kind of transpose?
Yes, you can do this by using the Instrument Transposition feature. In Staff/Transpose, you can select to Transpose Instrument Key. This allows you to transpose for instruments such as Bb clarinet, but in your case you should be able to manipulate the transposition (and the subsequent note placement) to accomplish your demo. Do note that this feature is used on a per-staff basis. Just for clarity, a Part can be defined as a single staff, or a group of staves.

Quote:
2) Is there a limit to the number of parts within a file?
Nope - as many staves (and subsequent Parts) as your machine has memory to hold (which these days should be a ton.)

ttfn,
Sherry