View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Decrease velocity contrast works odd

Hello NotationUser,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotationUser View Post
Thanks for putting it on your list but take the time you need to change it proper.
I investigated the problem with the note velocity (loudness) contrast command not working for a single chord. I'm going to declare this as "won't fix".

It had been many years ago since I implemented this feature. There are two features for changing the note velocities for many notes. One feature is to increase or decrease the slope of note velocities of a crescendo or decrescendo. The second feature is to increase or decrease the contrast of note velocities. The calculations were biased towards the first of the two features. A cresc or decresc needs at least two distinct note or chord locations. The increase or decrease cresc understandably does nothing if the notes are all at one location, i.e., they form a single chord. The second feature, increasing or decreasing the contrast of notes, piggy-backs the first feature; it borrows logic and calculations from the cresc/decresc command. If there is only one chord, then the logic throws up it hands and says it can't do this.

Well, so I tried fixing this, but after a half hour couldn't. This bug isn't worth spending more time, given other higher priority bugs that would take no more or less time to fix.

Sorry to say I won't fix this probably for a long time. Other bugs and features to work on.

Cheers
-- Mark