Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is there an Easy way to Convert a 6/8 (Jig) into 3/4 (Waltz) (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3689)

mswlogo 05-05-2011 02:02 AM

Is there an Easy way to Convert a 6/8 (Jig) into 3/4 (Waltz)

I have tune that can be played as a Jig or Waltz.

It is currently in 6/8 time and mostly made up of 1/8 notes with a few 1/4 notes here and there.

I'd like to simply double the length of every note (and have it push the measures out) and then just change signature to 3/4.

Is there and easy way to do that?

I want those same three 1/8 notes in first half of a 6/8 measure to become three 1/4 notes filling a 3/4 measure.

Sherry C 05-05-2011 02:06 AM

Re: Is there an Easy way to Convert a 6/8 (Jig) into 3/4 (Waltz)

Hi,

Yep :)

Staff Symbols
Meter
Scale notes

The newly scaled file will be saved (and renamed) separate from the original file in case you decide you really didn't want to do that :)

ttfn,
Sherry

mswlogo 05-05-2011 02:49 AM

Thanks !!

dj 05-05-2011 11:22 AM

Son of a gun! I never knew that! Brilliant!

Sherry C 05-05-2011 11:35 AM

Hi guys,

David, if it makes you feel any better, the way that I learned most about all the cool stuff that Notation Composer does initially was when I edited the original Users Guide. I went through the whole thing, and tested it all to make sure that it worked as described. Since that point I've also helped with, or outright written, all the new feature (and therefore "how to do XYZ task") descriptions. Even given that, the program is so feature-rich yet uncluttered, that sometimes even I have to refer to the Users Guide for some features which I personally don't use, but which help other musicians. The "Index" feature is my friend ;)

ttfn,
Sherry

(BTW, even Mark, who "invented" this software, would occasionally ask me if we had already included a particular feature that someone was asking about :) He was a piano player, but did strive to include features that help other musicians as well. )

Thoraldus 06-19-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry C (Post 15823)
Hi guys,

David, if it makes you feel any better, the way that I learned most about all the cool stuff that Notation Composer does initially was when I edited the original Users Guide. I went through the whole thing, and tested it all to make sure that it worked as described. Since that point I've also helped with, or outright written, all the new feature (and therefore "how to do XYZ task") descriptions. Even given that, the program is so feature-rich yet uncluttered, that sometimes even I have to refer to the Users Guide for some features which I personally don't use, but which help other musicians. The "Index" feature is my friend ;)

ttfn,
Sherry

(BTW, even Mark, who "invented" this software, would occasionally ask me if we had already included a particular feature that someone was asking about :) He was a piano player, but did strive to include features that help other musicians as well. )

I read the OP and decided I would use the question as an opportunity to discover the answer myself before reading the replies to the post. Looked up "Note Duration" in the index and then opened "Editing Note Duration" and sure enough the answer was right there. Thank you Sherry for your efforts on the User Guide. Sincerely appreciated!

Sherry C 06-19-2011 04:37 PM

Howdy,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoraldus (Post 15964)
I read the OP and decided I would use the question as an opportunity to discover the answer myself before reading the replies to the post. Looked up "Note Duration" in the index and then opened "Editing Note Duration" and sure enough the answer was right there. Thank you Sherry for your efforts on the User Guide. Sincerely appreciated!

You're very welcome :) It has always been our driving goal first of all to make the software easy to use. And if it's not easy to use, then make it easy to find out how to use it ;)

ttfn,
Sherry