Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Only prints page 4! (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32709)

dj 01-18-2016 01:17 PM

Only prints page 4!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, guys:

Okay, am I nuts or what?

The file "Johnny Crack and Flossie Snail Vocal", when the Vocal part is viewed in Page View, is only two pages long. The font format has been set to be deliberately small so that it can be included at the end of a script as the vocal score for the performers to have in hand.

I can only get it to print out page 4!

I have tried re-booting, re-saving, and every combination of printing format I can think of.

It will NOT print page 3.

When I export it to PDF, it's fine, but then I have to deal with the quirks of printing from PDFs.

The original file, "Johnny Crack and Flossie Snail", is the one the vocal file was created from. It's laid out at "normal" size for the piano/vocal score and prints out fine. So what gives?

Signed,
Puzzled in Perth

Sherry C 01-18-2016 01:49 PM

Re: Only prints page 4!

Hi David,

Not sure - it prints fine for me. Maybe it just likes me better :)

Seriously, though, perhaps there was a "leftover" setting from some other print job that specified only the second page of a job be printed? I've done that before with some graphics programs (only printed a particular page, then wondered why my next print job only printed one page). Did you try printing other jobs in the midst of this and those worked properly?

If it truly is only this one file that will only print the one page, what printer are you using? And as always, are the drivers up to date for the operating system you're using?

ttfn,
Sherry

Sherry C 01-18-2016 03:05 PM

Hi David,

You know, you have to be really specific when asking one of your kids if something printed properly. "Yeah, two pages" can mean that the same page printed twice, which I just now found it did rather than two different pages, which is the question I SHOULD have asked. So yes, I'm getting the same issue here on my physical printer.

Not sure what's going on - "tis a puzzlement." Thanks for both files - we'll check it out.

ttfn,
Sherry

Sherry C 01-18-2016 04:01 PM

Hi David,

Ok, it has to do with the Format/Setup/Page Numbering. If you change the "First page number" to "1", it prints correctly. But then you lose the automated numbering you wanted in the cool little footer you put in.

I just tried setting a file that I have that is 3 pages long to having the first page as "2". When I printed, I got 2 page 4s and 1 page 3.

I'll write this up for fixing.

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the bother.

ttfn,
Sherry

task 2888

Reinhold H. 01-18-2016 07:08 PM

David,
Thanks, a bug which has been around for years. Fixed in the upcoming 3.0.4.
Reinhold

dj 01-19-2016 01:07 PM

Interesting!

Yet, I've been printing numbered pages using the same footer idea ever since the page numbering bug was fixed some versions back (2.6?) without running into this.

Workaround is to export to PDF, then print.

(I've got about 750 pages of orchestrations to print in the next two months, too!)

David

Reinhold H. 02-15-2016 05:19 AM

The bug fix is now available in 3.0.4. Please get the updated version using our Upgrade/Update Assistant.

Reinhold

rrayner 02-15-2016 11:31 PM

Hi Rienhold -- I get the modern-day equivalent of the infamous "404 - not found" message when I try this link -- can't there from here. Ralph

Sherry C 02-15-2016 11:45 PM

Hi guys,

I fixed the link in Reinhold's post - it should now go to the Upgrade Assistant on the main website.

Thanks Ralph, and sorry for the bother.

ttfn,
Sherry