Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wrong Sounds (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32743)

Themodfather69 04-22-2016 12:09 PM

Wrong Sounds

I have a few Midi Files that play the wrong sounds until you open up the track then it plays the correct sound but seems to reset it self when its start from fresh even though it has been saved. can u help please i can send you the file if it would help thanks

dj 04-22-2016 01:06 PM

Re: Wrong Sounds

Do please send the file(s) in question and I'll have a look at them.

Can't tell where the problem might be until I do, though.

David

Themodfather69 04-22-2016 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj (Post 66769)
Do please send the file(s) in question and I'll have a look at them.

Can't tell where the problem might be until I do, though.

David

Hi hope ive done it right

Sherry C 04-22-2016 01:45 PM

Hi,

The problem is a boatload of unused staves (they have no notes and so aren't displayed in the score) which are all set to Piano.

You can use Staff/Setup, and delete all the "Acoustic Grand Piano" staves that are not check marked as "In Part" for the Conductor's Score. These staves have no notes, and are an artifact of how the file was sequenced.
This is a not-uncommon problem with some sequencers (the software and the folks who use them ;) ).

After doing that, all plays as it should - at least it did for me :)

ttfn,
Sherry

Themodfather69 04-22-2016 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Many thanks for you time this one goes a bit wobbly

Themodfather69 04-22-2016 02:24 PM

Thank you very much i will check the rest its sorted this one out at least thanks for your help again

dj 04-23-2016 12:45 PM

Hi,

I looked at the Sultans of Swing file and didn't notice any problems with it. It seemed to play through without any wobbling.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "wobbling", please?

David

Jamestheone85 08-27-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry C (Post 66772)
Hi,

The problem is a boatload of unused staves (they have no notes and so aren't displayed in the score) which are all set to Piano.

You can use Staff/Setup, and delete all the "Acoustic Grand Piano" staves that are not check marked as "In Part" for the Conductor's Score. These staves have no notes, and are an artifact of how the file was sequenced.
This is a not-uncommon problem with some sequencers (the software and the folks who use them ;) ).

After doing that, all plays as it should - at least it did for me :)

ttfn,
Sherry

Thanks for the info Sherry, I had the same problem! :)

homeboy26 01-27-2023 12:50 AM

I followed the "Reboot it" advice kindly given to me and now my saved Notation scores ( xxx.not) files play with the correct audio sound just as I created them on my 2007 Dell desktop PC running Win10.
It did not work to remedy the problem with my Laptop though!

The same Notation scores do play on my HP Laptop BUT with a wishy washy warbly sound while failing to even play many of the staves of the different instruments. It sounds like a watery watered down version of the original.
I think it may have something to with the way the integral soundcard in my HP Laptop interprets the midi from the notation score.
The Laptop is an HP 17-cp0036cpi with 16Gb Ram and a 1Tb SSD main drive running Windows 11. It's performance eats the Dell's as it is of much more recent manufacture.

I cannot work out how to fix this problem using the Laptop.
It being there means I cannot even begin to use my Laptop to compose music in Notation and hear it played back in such a manner as to be able to edit or add sounds or whatever.

Can someone please assist me as to how I can correct the problem ?
My betting is that Sherry can.

Sherry C 01-27-2023 04:48 PM

Howdy,

Actually David J. gave some great additional advice in this thread regarding checking the ASIO settings and buffer sizes. It sounds like your laptop will be using very different settings as those for your desktop. The default settings are a "happy medium" for most situations, but may need tweaking depending on the particular machine and sound card.

You may want to check the user manual/guide for your sound card to see if it needs any "special" settings for buffers or sample rate, and then use those values in the appropriate fields for Composer's NS Synth device/Properties settings.

Hope that gets you going - if not, let us know :)

ttfn,
Sherry

Sherry C 01-28-2023 04:08 PM

Hi all,

Turns out (from a discussion at the helpdesk) the issue with homeboy26's situation is most likely trying to run Composer 3 on a Windows 11 machine. Due to changes that Microsoft made in the operating system's audio and MIDI handling, version 3 of our software doesn't work properly. Since version 4 was the current release version at the time of Windows 11 release we did the development work to fix it in the release version. We did not do the additional fix in version 3 since it was (and is) considered a legacy version at that point.

ttfn,
Sherry