Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Single line staff (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=34087)

Briansdad 03-08-2017 02:22 PM

Single line staff

2 Attachment(s)
I am assigned the transcription and modification of the attached score samples. The first one is page 1 of 12, 56 measures. It is a spoken, 4 part polyphonic (kind ds' anyway) where the rhythm is everything. [Photoscan is totally confused by it, BTW]. I can't find out how to create a single line staff. The second, clapping music, is one page, total. It requires a similar staff treatment. Can you get me started?Attachment 1618

Attachment 1619

herbert 03-09-2017 02:38 AM

Re: Single line staff

Hi,

You can select 1-line Staff under Staff Setup - Drum Instrument. This works well, even if you do not intend to work with percussions.

Herbert

Briansdad 03-18-2017 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I’ve got the single line staff set up. I’ve transcribed voice 3 of a 4-voice piece. The client wants his students to learn the rhythm by Notation Player playback. It is not very useful as it is now. Every instrument is just too shrill sounding. I have tried lowering the pitch by prescribed methods (to my knowledge) but no change is made to the pitch. Could someone take a look and see if there is a way to get a useful voicing. Note: this is a spoken piece with very specific rhythm. The students are very green.

Sherry C 03-18-2017 02:26 PM

Hi,

Thanks for including the file (the choral group at the Governor's School I attended performed this piece - very cool!).

The staff has the Channel as 1 rather than 10, which means you are hearing piano rather than any percussion instrument. Please try the following:

1. Use the Staff Setup button for the staff (speaker icon) to open the Staff Setup dialog and change the channel to 10
2. In the lower left, click the Drum Instrument box twice (yeah this is a bug we need to fix) to open up the area where you can select a drum instrument ("Single drum instrument" lower right of dialog box). You'll need to scroll up to find the useable instruments for the default NS Synth drum set.

You can select a different instrument for each voice if you want to have everything in a single file so they can listen to how their part fits with the others rhythmically.

ttfn,
Sherry

Briansdad 03-18-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry C (Post 68402)
Hi,

Thanks for including the file (the choral group at the Governor's School I attended performed this piece - very cool!).

The staff has the Channel as 1 rather than 10, which means you are hearing piano rather than any percussion instrument. Please try the following:

1. Use the Staff Setup button for the staff (speaker icon) to open the Staff Setup dialog and change the channel to 10
2. In the lower left, click the Drum Instrument box twice (yeah this is a bug we need to fix) to open up the area where you can select a drum instrument ("Single drum instrument" lower right of dialog box). You'll need to scroll up to find the useable instruments for the default NS Synth drum set.

You can select a different instrument for each voice if you want to have everything in a single file so they can listen to how their part fits with the others rhythmically.

[Yes, that was the plan. This is for a class in a women's prison that my client is teaching. The piece is a tool to learn notation timing skills. very creative teaching.

I think.ttfn,
Sherry

Yes, the directions above results in a big improvement. Thanks!]
Bill