Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Part Name (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3860)

rrayner 10-09-2011 02:06 PM

Part Name

I'm getting ready to print parts for my swing band arrangement. I want to have the part name (instrument name) once on each page at the top. I tried the qin command, but I either get no names on pages 2-x, or a name on every system. In a "printing by hand" world, I would put the part name in the heading, along with the title. Is there a way to do this?

rrayner 10-09-2011 02:21 PM

Re: Part Name

Oops! I found where to do this. Sorry for the query.

Sherry C 10-09-2011 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Howdy,

For those who are wondering, that feature is Text/Page Text/Part Name, then click where at in the score you want the Part Name to appear. You can also select whether to have it on just the first page, just the other pages, or both first and other pages. Justified Left/Center/Right and other options are also available.

Attachment 722

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner 10-14-2011 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Sherry.

I'll ask this question in this thread as it relates to header data also.

For the printed parts, the Title shows centered on the first page, where I placed it. On subsequent pages, it is right-justified. Is there a way to center the Title on subsequent pages?

I'm attaching my example, a truncated piece of my medley (the bandleader said 6+ minutes was longer than what he wanted) to show my problem.

BTW, there is a typo in the qin command display. In the Display instrument short name text, the second "instrument" is missing its "m".

Ralph

I've broken my medley

Sherry C 10-18-2011 07:30 PM

Howdy Ralph,

My apologies - I had "answered" this question some days ago, but apparently forgot to post it at the time (!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrayner (Post 16325)
For the printed parts, the Title shows centered on the first page, where I placed it. On subsequent pages, it is right-justified. Is there a way to center the Title on subsequent pages?

Just click on the title to highlight it on one of those other pages and then click the "Center" button on the tool palette, or use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + M" (for "middle").

Quote:

BTW, there is a typo in the qin command display. In the Display instrument short name text, the second "instrument" is missing its "m".
Previously reported and entered for fixing.

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner 10-18-2011 08:46 PM

That did the trick, Sherry. Sorry these answers are eluding me in Help. I still have problems coming up with the right search arguments. RRR

Sherry C 10-18-2011 08:58 PM

Hi Ralph,

You can always try the trick I try - click or double-click on something you want to change. Typically (not 100%, though) it will turn "editable" and you can do something with it :)

ttfn,
Sherry