Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Downloaded PDF files (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32659)

panworks 11-22-2015 03:47 PM

Downloaded PDF files

1 Attachment(s)
I have exported to my desk top individual parts of a song. They all look fine. I then uploaded them to my website to share with others. 3 of the the 5 parts when downloaded from the site are fine (although they are enlarged for some reason) But 2 of the parts when downloaded have a black bar across the top which is printed when you print the part. In properties I notice that these 2 parts PDF producer is Haru free library where as the other parts producer is acrobat distiller. Coincidentally the 2 parts with the black bar are both bass clef(??) Any ideas? attached pdf

Reinhold H. 11-29-2015 05:22 PM

Re: Downloaded PDF files

There is a bug fix in version 3.0.3 in the pdf export. Not sure whether you still use 3.0.2. If so I recommend to install the update to version 3.0.3 and then check if this issue still occurs.

Reinhold

panworks 11-29-2015 11:44 PM

I downloaded the update and now have 3.0.3. Exporting to pdf still creates a huge file-50.79 x 66.20 inches. and still shows the producer as "Haru Free PDF Library 2.3ORC2" all other PDFs created on my computer show acrobat as the producer. I have acrobat pro on my computer and do not have any "Haru" software. Is this part of Notation composer?

Reinhold H. 11-30-2015 10:10 AM

Firstly I read from the post that the black bar which was on top of the export is fixed with the update to 3.0.3. If not please let us know.

Here some general comments to the PDF export:
  • Notation Software uses the lib from Haru to create the pdf export. This is the reason why the "Haru Free PDF Library 2.3.0RC2" appears to be used by creating the pdf.
  • The pdf format is a printing format. The settings of the printing format is essential for a pdf. Same as for printing on paper the Format / Setup needs to be used to define the correct print format.
  • The pdf export is a high resolution pdf in contrary to other pdfs like PrimoPDF, PDF24 etc. This is the reason why the size seems so big. By using the pdf Acrobat Reader the size can be easily adusted to the actual paper size setting the Zoom to pagesize in the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  • For printing the size needs to be adjusted to the papersize a well.
  • Because of the high resolution pdf, of course, the size of the exported pdf file is bigger than those of lower resolutions :).

We have selected this setup for the high resolution pdf in order to differentiate the pdf export from those available from the freeware tools like PrimoPDF etc. However, these tools can, of course, still being used.

Hope this explanation helps.

Reinhold