Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Somebody with experience with tyros 4 ? (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=30281)

MAURICEVDD 04-16-2013 04:53 PM

Somebody with experience with tyros 4 ?

HEY EVERYBODY,
I'M TRYING TO CREATE SHEET MUSIC FROM MIDI FILES, AND WHEN I LOAD THEM INTO MY TYROS 4, I CAN'T SEE PROPERLY ON THE DISPLAY OF THE TYROS THE MELODY LINE,CHORDS AND LYRICS :o :mad: I'VE TRIED AL LOT OF THINGS, MOVIVING STAVES UP.....ADDING LYRICS INTO THE MIDI FILE WITH SERENADE, AND THEN WORK ON IT WITH NOTATION COMPOSER.....BUT TILL NOW, NO SUCCES :rolleyes:
THERE MUST BE A WAY TO REACH THIS GOAL !!!!
WHEN YOU BUY A MIDI FILE FROM YAMAHA SOFT EUROPE, THE MELODY LINE, LYRICS AND CHORDS ARE ALWAYS DISPLAYING CORRECTLY.

IS THERE SOMEBODY WHO CAN HELP ME ?

THANKS A LOT GUYS

MAURICE

Sherry C 04-17-2013 12:31 PM

Re: Somebody with experience with tyros 4 ?

Hi Maurice,

Yamaha files have a special field in them for chord names which is not a MIDI standard field, and which is different than how our products (or any other generic notation software) currently handle them. Therefore while our software will import chord names from such files, they don't get saved back into any exported .mid files.

The good news for you is that with the next version (to be released later this year) our products will indeed be able to do just what you're asking - you'll be able to switch back and forth between our software and your Tyros keyboard with the chord names and so forth.

ttfn,
Sherry

MAURICEVDD 04-18-2013 02:51 PM

Thanks a lot.....great news from you !!!! :) have you already an idea when the release will be ? ;) regards maurice

Sherry C 04-18-2013 10:15 PM

Howdy,

Not firm yet, but we'll keep you posted :)

ttfn,
Sherry

NigelB 12-22-2013 06:03 PM

Maurice did you resolve problem. I have just bought notation and while I can take a recorded midi file from my tyros 4 and add lyrics easlily when I export and then open changed file on tyros 4 it seems to change the right hand back to a piano and also loses some of the accomp. ie the file is changed when all I wanted was to add the lyrics. NigelB

Sherry C 12-23-2013 02:18 PM

Hi Nigel,

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelB (Post 63600)
Maurice did you resolve problem. I have just bought notation and while I can take a recorded midi file from my tyros 4 and add lyrics easlily when I export and then open changed file on tyros 4 it seems to change the right hand back to a piano and also loses some of the accomp. ie the file is changed when all I wanted was to add the lyrics. NigelB

What is probably happening is that the Tyros has special bank and patch assignments because of the extended number of instrument sounds. If you do not have a Tyros device description set up as your default MIDI playback device, then Composer (or Musician) changes the bank and instrument assignments to match the default playback device description, which is the General MIDI (GM) standard. Then, when you export the edited .mid of the file, those edited GM bank/instruments are what get exported, which is why the file now sounds changed.

Please see my post (click here) about where to find Yamaha INS files. After you get the .ins file, you can use Setup/Quick MIDI Devices/Import Sound names to import that device description into Notation Composer. Then select it (the Tyros) as the default, and all should be well. Please note that you will need the Tyros keyboard connected to your computer in order to hear the sound when you play the file in Composer.

ttfn,
Sherry

NigelB 12-23-2013 07:26 PM

Re: INS file for tyros 4

Hi Sherry all I need now is to find this ins file for tyros 4. :confused: http://www.crestonhall.com/music/insdef1.html does not exist any more or so they say. Yamaha site as you say does not have Tyros files. I am sure this file will be wanted by people with tyros keyboards as your new updated Notation is very easy to use for including lyrics in the score display. Regards and Merry Christmas ;)

Sherry C 12-24-2013 12:36 AM

Re: INS file for tyros 4

Hi Nigel,

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelB (Post 63675)
:confused: http://www.crestonhall.com/music/insdef1.html does not exist any more or so they say.

Actually the guy just renamed the page but forgot to put up a redirect :)

His new page link is http://www.crestonhall.com/music/insdef1.php (notice the change in page type from html to php - that's the only difference).

I also see that he is directing Tyros users to a different page for those INS files. That one is at "Heiko's page" (click here to go there :) ).

Thanks for the heads up on that change :)

ttfn,
Sherry

NigelB 12-27-2013 12:40 AM

Hi Sherry Hope you are having a great Christmas. Fianlly I have some peace and are having another attempt to to get notation composer to export a file with added lyrics (lyrics are very easy to add which is great) without changing the Tyros voice settings. I downloaded the tyros 4 ins file (tyros_kbds_1.06.ins) from the Heiko site and set it as the default midi but the problem still occurs. I am missing a step somewhere and am sure others must have had the same problem. When I go into the mixing console of the tyros and look at the song channels 1 to 16 they are totally different from the original recording and much poorer sounds. Tried a number of different midi files all with the same result. Regards Nigel:)

Sherry C 12-27-2013 03:06 PM

Hi Nigel,

Nuts - I was hoping that the issue you're seeing would be the one that is taken care of by using the INS definition in the MIDI Device Description. That typically works.

My next best suggestion is to take a look at the Bank/Patch assignments on the file while it's in the Tyros, and then set them to be the same when you have the file in Composer. When you export the lyric-enhanced .mid file, it should stay the same now.

The next release of our software will have this issue fixed automatically, but hopefully for now this will tide you over til that release (yes, we were hoping to have it out by the end of this year, but have delayed a few weeks in order to make it more robust.)

Merry Christmas!
Sherry