Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Staff Repeat not Working V2.6 (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=3226)

IanMc 06-25-2010 08:50 AM

Staff Repeat not Working V2.6

1 Attachment(s)
Hello again,

I have a tune here which completely ignores the staff repeat at bar 8. The file was originally created in 2.5 but the repeat has been added since 2.6. Am I doing something wrong?

Another weird thing: copying and pasting the E and the G quavers in the first bar (in region mode) also grabs the tune title and pastes that along with the notes. Should that happen?

Iain

IanMc 06-25-2010 08:57 AM

Re: Staff Repeat not Working V2.6

Well I've answered the first part myself - forgot about the start repeat! :o

Even so I don't recall seeing start repeats in normal notation. Is it just left out for convenience?

Anyway I would still like an answer to my second question about the copying and pasting.

Best,
Iain

dj 06-25-2010 12:19 PM

Hello, Ian:

To get the repeats working properly in Taumgraney Castle, you'll need to add a repeat start at the first full bar (bar 2), then a 1st ending at bar 9 with your pickup added to beat 4, then a 2nd ending in a new bar 10 with the contents of current bar 9. While leaving out the repeat start and the multiple endings is a shorthand way to notate repeats for experienced performers, it's probably more than can be expected for a computer to understand it.

The "title" text copies with the bar because you've input as Free Text, which is attached to the bar. To make it a title, attached to a page, use Page Text and the Song Title and Authors box under the File menu. Create a Page Text object (Text tool/P icon), then click on the small word Title in the text tool bar or type <songtitle> in the Page Text box.

Good luck,

David

IanMc 06-25-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj (Post 14498)
Hello, Ian:

The "title" text copies with the bar because you've input as Free Text, which is attached to the bar. To make it a title, attached to a page, use Page Text and the Song Title and Authors box under the File menu. Create a Page Text object (Text tool/P icon), then click on the small word Title in the text tool bar or type <songtitle> in the Page Text box.

Thanks very much David. Yes, I pretty much figured it out just after I sent the post - haven't used NC for awhile.

I use Free Text as I can then position the title on the printed page where I want it but under Song Title I was never happy with where it was placed. Not sure if that can be changed or not. So the "free text" is not quite as free as it seems. :)

Thanks again,
Iain