PDA

View Full Version : Can't add notes

gaylestuff
09-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I keep getting errors like "can't cross the bar line" and "Note does not lie within proper division of tuplet" those along with a myriad of other messages whenever I try to edit this piece of music and I'm now ready to throw the whole computer out the window.

At one point I was simply trying to change an 8th note into a quarter ... of course adding the proper rests.... etc to keep the math right.... but I can't make all of those changes at once. Of course once I make one change it will throw everything off for a moment until I can get the other parts correct. Why can't I change these simple note types?

Can I turn off the autocorrect or whatever it is for a moment?

Sherry C
09-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi Gayle,

I keep getting errors like "can't cross the bar line" and "Note does not lie within proper division of tuplet" those along with a myriad of other messages whenever I try to edit this piece of music and I'm now ready to throw the whole computer out the window. Hopefully we can help so as to avoid flying computers :)

Could you include a copy of the file here, and the edit that you're trying to make? I can take a look at it and see what the problem might be.

At one point I was simply trying to change an 8th note into a quarter ... of course adding the proper rests.... etc to keep the math right.... but I can't make all of those changes at once. Of course once I make one change it will throw everything off for a moment until I can get the other parts correct. Why can't I change these simple note types? Actually Composer will make any necessary changes in the rests for you automatically - you only need to deal with the notes. Perhaps this is the confusing part?

For example, if there is an 8th note followed by an 8th rest. If you click the note and use the tool palette to change it to a quarter note, then the 8th rest will automatically disappear - you don't have to bother with it.

ttfn,
Sherry