PDA

View Full Version : Download Problems

rrayner
09-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi Sherry,

I just clicked on the link for the midi file in "Elegy To A Beautiful Soul" in Share Your Music and nothing happened. Composer didn't get invoked to open it. Then I went to one of my postings and trying to open a Composer file, and again, nothing happened -- no messages; no nothing.

I logged out and back in again, just to see if that would help -- it didn't.

Adrian Allen had a YouTube link in his post, and I was able to access it with no problem.

Any ideas? I have been able to do this successfully in the past.

Ralph

Sherry C
09-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi Ralph,

Probably some update to your browser, Windows, or another media player "broke" the association. Typically you can left-click the link for a song file here in the forum, and if your browser does not have an association for that filetype, it will ask you what you want to do. In any event, you should still be able to right-click the link and save the file to your hard drive to see and hear later.

What browser are you using, and what happens when you left-click on the .mid/.not file link?

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner
09-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi Sherry,

I'm using Firefox 6.0.2, and there was a recent forced update. I tried recycling it, but that didn't make any difference. Perhaps tomorrow, I'll uninstall it and reinstall. Or dig into the File Associations tables. Thanks. Just wanted to know if it was a Forum problem or mine.

Ralph

rrayner
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Sherry,

I just uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled Firefox. My downloads seem to be working okay now. Thanks.

Ralph