PDA

View Full Version : Composer 3.0?

musicman143
09-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Sherry,
First, I would like to express my sorrow on the recent passing of Mark. Although we never met, I could sense he was a good guy that was really passionate about his work. I was one of Mark's original beta testers for the release of 1.0, I enjoyed helping him.
Just wondering about the next version of Composer (3.0 I assume). Any timeline for the next release? Version 1.0 is the current version I am licensed for. I would like to upgrade to the latest, but if the next major release is around the corner, I thought I would wait.
Thank you for any info.

Sherry C
09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi Larry,

I remember you from the 1.0 beta testing days :)

Yes we do miss Mark very much - he was a genius in many ways, and a great friend as well.

As for the version of Composer, it has been our company policy that any major upgrades (eg. from 1 - 2) are free if they occur within 6 months of the purchase. I don't have a timeline for a 3.0 release right now as we are still looking for a new developer, so you're safe either way :)

Thanks!
Sherry

adrianallan
09-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi Larry,

I remember you from the 1.0 beta testing days :)

Yes we do miss Mark very much - he was a genius in many ways, and a great friend as well.

As for the version of Composer, it has been our company policy that any major upgrades (eg. from 1 - 2) are free if they occur within 6 months of the purchase. I don't have a timeline for a 3.0 release right now as we are still looking for a new developer, so you're safe either way :)

Thanks!
Sherry

I too wondered about this. I realy liked the upgrade a few years ago, but I imagine that Mark was responsible on his own for the nuts and bolts of its working.

I hope that you are able to find somebody to take over where he left off because the market for software is getting increasingly competitive, with new software like Notion3 which sits, in terms of price, below Sibelius and Finale. It would be a shame if Notation Composer felt relegated to sit in a much lower price niche because there's nobody who can oversee a major upgrade (eg. greater choice of tuplets, new sounds etc)
Best wishes

adrian

snoops
06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Any news (and maybe an upgrade or a new version) so far?

Sherry C
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi,

We are working toward that end, but I cannot say anything right now :)

ttfn,
Sherry