PDA

View Full Version : Individual MIDI Channel or Track loudness slider controls

Fury Pilot
08-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi,

Are there any plans to introduce individual MIDI channel or track loudness controls to Notation Player? I would really like to be able to (at least) turn tracks/channels ON/OFF.

Cheers,

Sherry C
08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi,

Since Notation Player is designed to be a listening application (similar to Adobe Acrobat's Reader, which is a viewing application), we do not have plans to incorporate per-staff (track) controls. Please see either Notation Musician (www.notation.com/NotationMusician.php) or Notation Composer (www.notation.com/NotationComposer.php) for some programs that have more editing capabilities.

ttfn,
Sherry

Fury Pilot
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I understand, although I would like to note that my use for Notation Player (and I'm very grateful for it BTW) is as a Play device. I create MIDI files with my own software to aid choral practice, and the ability to turn ON/OFF parts from within the player would save creating individual MIDI files with the required ON/OFF characteristics - so it is a Play feature... ;-)

Does Notation Player support individual track/stave loudness control in .not format files?

Thanks.

Sherry C
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Notation Player doesn't support individual staff controls. However, your musicians may be interested in Notation Musician, as it has individual controls (mute/solo/volume) per-staff, and also has a really nice Practice Setup feature, where they can set up practice loops with lots of different parameters. There's a fully-functional 30 day trial version at www.notation.com/Download.php We have "group buy discount" options available if they're interested.

ttfn,
Sherry