PDA

View Full Version : Midi output deviceproblems

tenda (rolandva7)
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello
I am a new registred user of notation composer 2.5.2.
I have a problem with the midi device output.
I have two midi output A -output B-
I load a midi file . In the staff window I choose the midi output A for some staff and midi output B for one staff (staff 4 channel 4 for example).
I save the change.
I quit notation composer. After when I load the saved midi file all the staff are on midi output A.
Before it runs and now no more. What do I wrong?

Sherry Crann (sherry)
12-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Howdy Tenda,

When you save a file, it automatically saves as a .not file. You'll want to re-open the saved .not version of the file to have the changes that you saved.

ttfn,
Sherry

tenda (rolandva7)
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Hello
OK
But when I"ll want to re-open the save.not version of the file I don't have the change that I saved.
I believe that come because during my work a window appeared"reassign staves to new default device" and that I do something wrong in this window.
I think that I made an error by selecting the change for all the songs and not for this only song. After several handling I succeeded in opening this window"reassign staves to new default device "and now all turns correctly, but how to reach this window more easily

Sherry Crann (sherry)
12-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Howdy Tenda,

Ah, that explanation helps a lot!

When you reassign the default playback device and then open previously saved .not files where the default device was different, you get the "Reassign Staves" dialog.

It's meant as a convenience, so that if you have a lot of songs with an old default device, you can make the change for all the old songs. If you select to make the change for just the open song, then you'll see the dialog every time you open an older song with the old default device. If you just click "Cancel", no changes will be made.

If you have manually set the MIDI Device in a song, for example by using Staff/Setup and selecting the Device there, you won't see the above "Reassign staves" dialog when you reopen that song, even if you have changed the default MIDI device.

If you decide that you did select the wrong option, you can change it by doing the following:

http://www.notation.com/discus/messages/30409/36878.jpg

For more details, you can use Help/Users Guide, and use the Index to look up "device, default playback device".

I hope this helps!

ttfn,
Sherry

olivier laurent (rolandva7)
12-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello sherry.
Many thanks
Your explanations are very clear. (and I find notation composer wonderful)
I changed my profile (tenda) so it corresponds what you have in your database since my purchase of notation composer 2.5.2