PDA

View Full Version : help crashes in upgrade

iandg
03-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello (again, after a long pause!)
I've just upgraded to 2.6.
I then wanted to check something in help/user-guide, and, twice, composer has crashed and closed when I try to get into it.

Is this a known bug ?

[What I was wanting to look up was hide metere (timesignature). I click on the signature on the stave, click 'hide' in the box that comes up, and close the box, but it has no effect.]

Best wishes to all

Ian G.

Sherry C
03-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi Ian,

Good to see you back :)

I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem getting into the Users Guide. Did you restart your machine after installing the update? Sometimes Windows needs that to get it's ducks in a row.

For hiding the meter, there is a bug that if the meter is the last measure that changes meter from a previous meter and there's a repeat somewhere else, it won't hide. The work around is to change that last barline to a dashed or dotted one. I realize that this isn't the "prettiest" work around, but the dashed barline is not too bad.

If the above doesn't explain either situation, let me know. For the meter one, you can send along the file and let me know which meter won't hide so I can check it out.

Thanks!
Sherry

iandg
03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Hello, Sherry. (Love the avatar!)
I had rebooted, so it's not that. Anyway, I've downloaded the PDF guide, so no probs.

As far as the 'hide meter' thing goes, it worked fine once the guide reminded me how Composer prefers to 'work local' - ie you need to (pre-)select something to affect it.

Glad you're still there !

Ian G.:)