PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Content

rrayner
03-03-2011, 11:25 PM
I had never searched YouTube for Notation Software products, i.e., Composer, etc. I tried it today and found many listings for Sherry C. and Notation items, but I couldn't see anything. For instance, I clicked on "Butler's Jig", and something cycled, i.e., the screen flickered, but nothing was displayed. I am not a YouTube member, just an end-user. Do I have to become a YouTube member to see these items? RRR

Sherry C
03-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Ralph,

I don't think you have to be a member, but you may need a plugin to view the videos. Your browser should alert you as to what plugin you'll need.

Maybe some other folks who are more into YouTube (I only use it as needed :) ) can offer better advice?

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner
03-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't think you have to be a member, but you may need a plugin to view the videos. Your browser should alert you as to what plugin you'll need.

Thanks, Sherry. Again, you've said the right words. I'm a Gates-a-phobe and use Mozilla Firefox as my browser of choice. I tried IE and found that I could access "Butler's Jig", as well as other entries you have made.

Now, I need to find out what Firefox is having a problem with. Indeed, Firefox did NOT alert me about a plugin requirement.

Ralph

rrayner
03-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi Sherry,

Before I try to rattle Firefox's cage...I didn't realize when I first tried to access one of your entries, that I had my speakers turned off. When I turned them on, I found that I could hear (you?) talking, but no video.

Firefox told me that I was out-of-date on both Shockwave and Quicktime, so I downloaded and installed the updates, but this did not fix the video problem. The small video screen insert shows nothing. I was able to click in the area and get the audio to pause. Do you know what app supports your video? I may be able to cut the research time if you have that. Thanks.

Ralph

Sherry C
03-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Hi Ralph,

Sometimes you have to restart the application (eg. Firefox) for the plugin to work properly. Did you try that?

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
This problem got worse before it got better. It got to the point that with some You Tube videos, I would get one play, and everything after that was white screen where the video displays. It was necessary to clear cookies, cache, etc., and restart to get out of it.

After a lot of research and testing, I found out that Adobe had made an upgrade, and they have a "hardware accelerator" that was causing the problem, and I needed to turn it off. You Tube actually identified the resolution for me. If anyone else has this problem, take a look at:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1209379

Ralph Rayner