PDA

View Full Version : STAB & Piano Arrangement

Iosonoilprologo
02-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I have begun working on my first arrangement for STAB & Piano. The Musician Composer conveniently has a readily available set up. I started recording the piano first so I can have me a base to arrange the voices afterwards. For some reason the piano right hand even though I'm playing it above the middle C and higher, it keeps recording it on the Bass clef with lines above the staff, which does not make any sense. Why is the right hand not being recorded on the Treble Clef staff?:confused:

Sherry C
02-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi,

You can do "two hand recording" by (1) selecting both the treble and bass clef staves (highlighting them blue) and then (2) click the "Record" button. When you're done recording, the notes will be placed on the staves not just based on whether or not they are above or below middle C, but based on how easy it is for each hand to play the given group of notes. Of course you're free to change the placement of any note(s) ;) but the algorithm is designed to make the piece as playable as possible for two-hand piano.

If you don't select both staves, then the notes only record into a single staff that gets added to the score (if no staff is selected) or into the selected staff only.

ttfn,
Sherry