PDA

View Full Version : Registering a composition with the Library of Congress

Iosonoilprologo
02-19-2011, 09:12 PM
I would like to register one of my compositions with the Library of Congress Copyright Office. When I went to their Web Page, I noticed that they list several ways to register your composition, but none of them showed the .not ending. I figured that after I finished the composition I would then have to save it in another type of file format. Have any of you ladies and gentlemen registered your work with LOC and if so, how did you go about changing the format to one that they would accept? The main reason I'm asking is because they say that sending the document through snail mail, may even take over a year before you get the registration certificate.:eek:

Sherry C
02-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure what the "approved" file types are, but would guess that pdf is one of the electronic versions. If so, you can use something like PDF Creator (available free at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/) to "print" your saved song file to a pdf file. You just install PDF Creator, and then use File/Print in Composer. Select "PDF Creator" as the "printer", and it will save a copy of your file as a pdf document.

ttfn,
Sherry

Iosonoilprologo
02-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Thank you Sherry! Just like you said I got my PDF document ready to go to the LOC through e-mail. By the way I also solved the problem with the abbreviations following your instructions also.:)