PDA

View Full Version : To convert tied notes to dotted notation

jss
02-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi,
Can someone please tell me how to convert the tied notes (as shown in the attached pic), to dotted notation?
thanks

Sherry C
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Click-drag across the tie(s) to select them (they should turn blue), then click the "Collapse ties" button in the palette tool bar (third from left).

ttfn,
Sherry

jss
02-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply Sherry.
Am having a bit of a problem getting that to work. I click-drag and the tie turns blue ok. Click on the 3rd icon (to collapse the tie), but it stays "uncollapsed". Tried it also by selecting the associated notes as well as the tie (is that needed?) but same result. I'm missing something - can you enlighten me pls?
Thanks
jss

Sherry C
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi JSS,

If the tie can't be collapsed for some reason, there should be a message in the Status bar (lower left of screen) stating what the reason is. Or, if you want to post the file here and tell me which measure, I'll take a look at it to see if there's a bug.

Thanks,
Sherry

jss
02-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi
Ok thanks - have attached the file in question. The ties are in the 2nd bar (bass clef).
regards
jss

Sherry C
06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi,

Wow - I think I must have replied to this via the helpdesk, because this has been dangling a while. If I didn't, then my apologies.

This was written up as a bug. Sorry that I don't seem to have a work around at present.

ttfn,
Sherry

cross ref task 2427