PDA

View Full Version : Problem with naming staffs

snoops
01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Please excuse my bad english, as I am a german user :D

I want to make a notation for a choir, comprising: solo, soprano, 2 altos, tenor and bass.

I'm facing a problem with naming my staffs. Example:

Step 1: I start to make a new file by clicking the 'new' button. Afterwards I choose 'vocal SATB' as the ensemble for a new song.

Step 2: I click 'staff setup' in order to add the solo and the additional alto staff and to rename the staffs to german spellings and save these changes.

Step 3: after having added the two additional staffs, I rename them (no problem so far)

Step 4: Afterwards, I define all other parameters required (meters, number of measures and so on) and finish my selection.

Now, the song is beeing created (and the problem appears): the two new staffs I added before (solo and alto 2) are called 'unnamed', the translations into german have not been carried out and I am not able to change this.

What am I doing wrong?

Sherry C
01-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi,

There is a known problem that on some systems, there is a problem with using Staff/Setup to rename staves. The current work around is to use the individual Staff Setup button for each staff, and rename the staff there.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ttfn,
Sherry
(by the way, your english is great!)

snoops
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Sherry,

thanks for your quick response. I have changed the names manually, but now, the next problem appears:

In the headline of notation, there is a scroll-down button that creates a singe view for just one staff and which allows me to switch between the different staffs, in my case: soprano, bass etc. But I am not able to select the manually renamed staffs, they do not appear on the scroll-dwon menu...

dj
01-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi, Snoops:

You have to create a new part for the new staves.

To the left of the Part selection scroll down box, select the first item in the part menu (Display or Define Part).

At the bottom left of the dialogue box that comes up, select Add New Part, then give your part a new name in Part Name box, select Change Part Name, then, in the right hand panel, select the staves you want included in the new part, click on Changes Staves Assigned To Part to set those staves, then click on Display and Exit.

Your new part should now appear in the drop-down box.

Good luck.

David

snoops
01-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks,

a little bit complicated, but it works!