PDA

View Full Version : Error message

michael_r
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Two problems. One) When I link to a midi tune I've already downloaded it will not open. Two) Almost on every click on anything I get the following quote "Internet Explorer Script Error. Line 72; Char 32. Object does'nt support this property or method. Code 0. url www.notation (http://www.notation) .com. Do you want to continue scripts on this page? Yes/No? " End of quote. Bluntly speaking - My Notation Musician does'nt work. Have downloaded the latest IE8 - I assume all updates would lbe included. HELP! Michael r ps Glad of any help you can give.

Sherry C
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi Michael,

If you double-click on a .mid file that you've downloaded to your computer, what happens? If another program opens and plays the file, then that program has taken over the association of .mid files. To change the association back to Notation Musician, open Musician, then click on Setup/Associate .mid files. You'll either find a direct button to click, or instructions (depending on which operating system you have) for changing the association back to Notation Musician.

ttfn,
Sherry

NotationUser
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Just to add, there are other ways to open files in Notation Software than via the windows default extension mechanism.

Just drag and drop a *.not or *.mid file on Notation software window
or
use the File - open menu command.

It's not unlikely that you might have more than one program you wish to work with the same file type but the default just can be one... ;)