PDA

View Full Version : Transposing a section only

rhrepegi27
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I want to transpose a section only of the music to add interest. This is in Musician, and apparently it is possible but I can`t find a simple way to do it.

Sherry C
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi,

To transpose the pitches for a certain region:

1. Select the region you want to transpose (quickest is probably to click the "Region select" mode button and then click-drag across the region you want).
2. Then use Staff/Transpose actual pitches, and set the amount of transposition you want.

Enjoy :)
Sherry

rhrepegi27
01-19-2011, 04:18 AM
Holding down CTRL and dragging left mouse should do it but nothing changes no notes hi light.
Also using Region and putting in bar numbers to change, clicking OK produces no change or dragging mouse over the bars does nothing.

NotationUser
01-19-2011, 11:36 AM
That's funny - it should work and you should get a blue filled selection rectangle.

Are you sure you have not accidentally opened notation player? ;)

I've just rechecked with Composer - both works, select mode + ctrl key or region mode just straight away to do selections... wished I could help... :confused:

Sherry C
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Can you please either post the file here, or send it to me at support@notation.com, and give me a description of what you want to do with it (eg. which measure(s) and what the transposition should be)? I'll take a look at it and see what we can figure out.

Thanks!
Sherry

rhrepegi27
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Win 7 has been reinstalled maybe this has something to do with it. Thing is if I click on Notes and Rests I can press Shift and dragging the mouse across the notes does nothing until I remove Shift then the notes turn blue. This is only the notes not the typical box with notes in. You cannot change these notes e.g. transpose.
What do you mean Mode and ctrl or Region Mode? I can go to Region (no mode) put in section but this does`nt Hi light the notes. I`ve got a page of notes, where is Notation Player in relation to this, how could I have got there.
Sherry I`ll try and send the page to you. Don`t worry about wanting to transpose etc. just help me back to obtaining a blue Hi lighted section of notes by dragging that I have been used to.

Sherry C
01-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Hi,

Win 7 has been reinstalled maybe this has something to do with it. Thing is if I click on Notes and Rests I can press Shift and dragging the mouse across the notes does nothing until I remove Shift then the notes turn blue. This is only the notes not the typical box with notes in. You cannot change these notes e.g. transpose.Actually if Win 7 has been reinstalled, it may be that the color contrast is set differently, in which case the region may be selected, it just isn't as visible (I've noticed on my laptop, that the blue highlighting is really visible from one side, and barely or not visible at all from the opposite side of the screen). Might this be the problem?

What do you mean Mode and ctrl or Region Mode? I can go to Region (no mode) put in section but this does`nt Hi light the notes. On the tool bar are four different "Mode" buttons, in order:

a dashed box with an arrow (Select Region)
a solid box with an arrow (Select object)
a blue "+" (Add)
a blue "+" with a red dot (Step time record).

To click-drag a region (eg. to select it for changing the key), use the Select Region mode.
To click-drag individual notes (eg. to shift pitches to make some harmonies), use the Select object mode.

Let us know how it goes.
Sherry