PDA

View Full Version : Non-displayed text before first note event

Fury Pilot
11-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi,

Notation Player appears not to display text from MIDI text events until after the first note event. Is this a fault or a feature? :-)

Fury Pilot
11-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I have got to the bottom of why this was happening with some of my MIDI files and not others. The ones where the text isn't displayed are the ones with long text events in track zero. I would guess that Notation Player tries to display text events from track zero (as well as later tracks) and, when they're too long, gives up. Subsequently, the arrival of a note event resets something in Notation Player and it then happily displays acceptably short text.

My work-around has been to move the long text in track zero to the Copyright event.

Sherry C
11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi,

It actually is an intended feature :) Many folks display only some non-musical text in a staff. Since Notation products' basic purpose is to give sheet music for .mid files, such "text only" staves are hidden on opening the file. They are still present in the file (you can view them in Notation Musician and Notation Composer, but not Notation Player) you just don't see them on the initial opening of the file.

ttfn,
Sherry