PDA

View Full Version : Transposing slash chords

martin
11-23-2010, 06:58 AM
Dear Sherry
I have noticed that when transposing slash chords, the text after the slash does not change. For example, the attached notation files show a chord Ebm/Bb in key C which when transposed to key A becomes Cm/Bb whereas it should be Cm/G.
Sorry if this is this something that has been pointed out before, but I wonder if you can suggest a workaround or tell me how to do the transposing correctly.
Thanks

Martin:confused:

Sherry C
11-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi Martin,

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention! The transposition of the slash bass note works for major chords, but not for others (eg. minor, maj7, etc.)

I've written this up for fixing (task 2386).

I'm afraid that one work around is to only use major chord names, which isn't much of a useful work around at all. A second one would be to have a second staff where you actually have the slash bass notes and use that as the Slash Bass Note staff with the Chord Name Analysis. However, if you're trying to create something like a fake sheet, then that won't work because you won't have other notes for the chord name analysis to work with. So at present there's not a good work around for it, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

ttfn,
Sherry