PDA

View Full Version : Add option to display Do-Re-Mi under or over notes

mswlogo
11-08-2010, 04:59 AM
I mainly use Notation Composer as a means to learn how to sight read. It's working but I still have a way to go. I don't compose with it.

A very good retired music teacher said you need to be able to "sing" the notes aloud or in your head to get better at it.

One way is the Do-Re-Mi system. Which (as I understand) helps you keep the intervals by saying them phonetically (I think that's right term here). Singing A,B,C# or da-Da-DAA is much harder than singing Do-Re-Mi (on pitch).

It would be so nice to add a feature to show Do-Re-Mi on the score. I don't think it would be too hard either. Not sure if it should be above, below or in place of the note. There may be standards that are used.

I think this would be a huge nitch for Notation Composer.

NotationUser
11-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes, that's a nice idea considering to add to the wish list.

The syllables are easier to sing simply because they end on a vowel - a,e,i,o,u - which are carrying the "sound" in our human voice and can be sung as long as your breath takes you.

Sherry C
11-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Solfeggio (doh re mi) is on the wish list as well :)

ttfn,
Sherry

mswlogo
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks. Just thinking about this. Since you already support Lyrics I think you could leverage that. By just creating a "Wizard" that generates Do-Re-Mi Lryics from the notes.